LDTP 1.3.0. released
We are proud to announce the release of LDTP 1.3.0. This release features number of important breakthroughs in LDTP as well as in the field of Test Automation. This release note covers a brief introduction on LDTP followed by the list of new features and major bug fixes which makes this new version of LDTP the best of the breed. Useful references have been included at the end of this article for those who wish to hack / use LDTP.
Linux Desktop Testing Project is aimed at producing high quality test automation framework (C / Python) and cutting-edge tools that can be used to test Linux Desktop and improve it. It uses the Accessibility libraries to poke through the application’s user interface. The framework also has tools to record test-cases based on user events in the interface of the application which is under testing. We strive to help in building a quality desktop.
Whats new in this release:
* Shreyank Gupta has contributed Object Oriented LDTP based generation of scripts in LDTP editor.
* Thanks to Philipp Wagner for reporting bugs on LDTP.
* Thanks to Ara Pulido for reporting utf-8 related bugs.
* Fixes required for VMware Player automation, reported by Gaurav Sharma
* Fixes required for VMware Workstation globalization testing, reported by Nagappan Alagappan
Congratulations Nagappan and the rest of the LDTP team!
We hope that we will be able to ship this version with Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex).